10 janeiro, 2006

self portrait tuesday

Back in Crato
I just love this photo.
Looking at it you can "spot" that:
1. We are in Viggers Alentejo "quinta" nearby Crato.
David and Claire bought this "quinta" back in the late 70's (when the houses in Portugal were cheap) and since then have been working on it. From an old stone craking house with no water or electricity (notice the wires hanging about) they made a beautiful farm, with a swimming pool an everything, where I love and allways loved to go. Since then they also built a Family, giving birth to wonderfull Benjamin and Beatrix.
2. My father used to have a lot of hair (ihihihi).
Notice also how he is sweating. Most probably this photo was taken in the summer (in Alentejo, temperatures can rise to 40º C)and my father was still (and still is after more than 30 years) getting used to Portugal's hot summers.
3. My mother has one of those 80's hairstyle and some huge glasses (i' m sure back then they were stylish).
Looking back at my mother's photos it is impressive the way she changes her looks. From blonde, to dark, or even red short/long hair, small or huge glasses, thin/fat body. Just like a camelean. Or even better...
4. Me (the smallest one) and my sister have the same hairstyle and the same "nightdress".
From what I can remember and see in our old photos this is something rare. Usually I had shorter hair than this and my sister had one of those "round" hairstyles. We also had (and have) very different styles. I allways prefered to use skirts and dresses. She only used trousers!
5. I'm only wearing one shoe (!). My mother is wearing some yellow fabric shoes with rope heels (fashion back then, i'm sure). David is also wearing fabric shoes.
By the dust in my shoe i guess i had a lot of fun in the afternoon. In fact, me and my sister allways enjoyed to go to Crato. And still do! What's with this fabric shoes??!! They're typical portuguese shoes, I guess from alentejo. They still make them and because of that David allways has a pair of them in Crato (and probably in London too). As far as i know my mother stoped buying them (but not shoes).

2 comentários:

Floppy disse...

eheheheheh vocês estão brutais!!! e as duas meninas vestidas de igual :) és a mais pequenina, não?

beijs, beijs

Alexa disse...

Muito gira esta foto!